Coeur d’Alene is one of the best places for families to find fun activities and destinations. With good food and great playgrounds around every corner, it’s not hard to have fun as a family. Today we’ll share some of our personal recommendations for family-friendly locations in Coeur d’Alene.
- No list about Coeur d’Alene is complete without mentioning McEuen. McEuen Park has become a staple of the CDA community over the past few years, and for good reason. With lots of space and some awesome playground/water park features, this destination has something for everybody. Located off of Front Street in downtown, this park is easily accessible and very spacious.
- Next up we have the CDA Public Library. Located at one end of McEuen Park, this library is a great place for kids to play, read, and build crafts. The activities are a lot of fun, and the environment is very kid-friendly. The CDA Public Library can be accessed along Front Street and at the end of 7th.
- The next spot on our list is an iconic feature of Coeur d’Alene. Tubb’s Hill has so much to offer anyone who hikes it! From great beaches awesome hiking opportunities and even better views, Tubb’s never disappoints. This location makes for a great family outing. You can find trails to match the intensity level your looking for, so you never feel held back, or pushed too hard. Bring your family there this summer to experience the local, natural splendor.
- While we’re on the subject of parks, Fort Sherman Playground is a must see. Almost entirely built of wood, this extensive playground sits right in the middle of a gorgeous, wooded park. Directly off Sherman Ave, this park is sure to delight any children with its size and complexity. Perfect for families and conveniently located, be sure to visit.
- Fifth on our list is a Virtual Reality gaming studio where you and your family can explore new worlds and experience cutting edge technology together. There is also laser tag and nerf available, making this one of the most entertaining places in town. If you or your family wants to duel it out with lasers and nerf guns, this is the place to go.
- Another wonderful store downtown is Figpickels. An old-school toy shop, this quaint store has so much variety. With beautiful toy and book sections, as well as a miniature carousel, Figpickles definitely makes our list for best family things in Coeur d’Alene
- If you're looking for food recommendations, you need look no further. Tito’s Italian Grill on Sherman Ave makes their pizzeria a great experience. With a children’s Make Your Own Pizza option, the kids can assemble their own pizzas. The pies are then baked to perfection and served. Definitely a worthwhile stop to combine food and fun!
- If you're looking for a dessert option after Tito’s, Mrs. HoneyPeeps is just around the corner. HoneyPeeps is an expansive, beautiful shop with a huge selection of treats. You can find everything here from jawbreakers, to jelly beans, to ice cream.
- Speaking of ice cream, another great stop for families visiting Coeur d’Alene is Abi’s Ice Cream on 4th Street in downtown. Make sure to pop in and check out their array of organic, all-natural ice-creams.
- Last, but definitely not least in the food category, we have Shenanigans. Shenanigans has been serving delicious crepes and other treats to customers from their store on Sherman.
We hope this article has given you some good tips and ideas related to family destinations here in Coeur d'Alene. Make sure to get out and enjoy this beautiful city!