Things To Do In Coeur d'Alene
Family Hiking Trails and Parks:
1. McEuen Park has become a staple of the CDA community over the past few years, and for good reason. With lots of space and some awesome playground/water park features, this destination has something for everybody. Located off of Front Street in downtown, this park is easily accessible and very spacious.
2. Tubb’s Hill has so much to offer anyone who hikes it! From great beaches awesome hiking opportunities and even better views, Tubb’s never disappoints. This location makes for a great family outing and is about 2.5 miles in length. You can find trails to match the intensity level your looking for, so you never feel held back, or pushed too hard. Bring your family there this summer to experience the local, natural splendor.
3. Among CDA's parks, Fort Sherman Playground is a must see. Almost entirely built of wood, this extensive playground sits right in the middle of a gorgeous, wooded park. Directly off Sherman Ave, this park is sure to delight any children with its size and complexity. Perfect for families and conveniently located, be sure to visit.
4. Just outside CDA we have Mineral Ridge, a fun hike with stunning views of Lake Coeur d'Alene. The trail is about 2.5 miles long and full of lookouts from which to enjoy the lake.
5. Fernan Lake Natural Area has beautiful views of Fernan Lake, not to mention lots of wildlife. The trail is about 1.3 miles, so if you're looking for a fairly easy trail, this is the way to go!
6. Q’emiln Park is another local gem! About a half mile in length, this little hike is located in Post Falls, roughly a 15 minute drive from downtown Coeur d'Alene.
7. Viewski Loop is a great option for all nature lovers! Located in Sandpoint, this hike gives you birds eye views.
8. Another great trail in Sandpoint is Pend Oreille Bay Trail. Roughly 3.3 miles long, this trail is a little longer, but worth it for the natural splendor and wildlife to be found!
1. One of the best local options for biking in the area is the Centennial Trail! A whopping 37 miles in length, this paved trail goes from Coeur d'Alene all the way to Spokane with amazing views along the way.
2. Trail of the Coeur d'Alene's is another awesome bike trail in the area, running from Plummer to Mullan
3. Route of the Hiawatha is another great scenic bike trail for the more adventurous!
1. Coeur d'Alene boasts many awesome beaches, the most popular of which, is probably City Beach, in Downtown Coeur d'Alene.
2. Another great local beach is the North Idaho College beach!
3. If your ok with going to Hayden, Honeysuckle Beach is a beautifully picturesque spot to swim!
4. Higgins Point is another great beach with awesome views and a short hike!
1. One of the best local food options is Crafted Tap House and Kitchen! With a wide range of food choices and brews, this is a great local place!
2. Rustic is another great family-friendly restaurant to try downtown.
3. Collective Kitchen is an all-around great place to get a delicious meal!
4. Fire Artisan Pizza has the best pizza in town with plenty of options and quality ingredients!
5. Shiki is a wonderful sushi option located centrally in downtown CDA!
6. The Bluebird, located in Midtown, is another great local diner.
7. Monarch Ramen is another restaurant in Midtown definitely worth checking out, with high quality ramen and other delicious dishes.
1. The top camping recommendation is Camp Coeur d'Alene.
2. Another great camping spot in the area is Farragut State Park!
1. Zip-lining with Timberline Adventures is a must when your in CDA!
2. We have Frisbee Golf Courses at Cherry Hill, Farragut State Park, and Corbin Park.
3. Silverwood Theme Park is a common attraction in the area!
4. Boat Rentals is always a great way to enjoy the lake!
5. 7 Stars Alpaca Ranch is a fun place to see some unique animals!
6. Lake Cruises provided by the Resort are a great way to experience the Lake and see the sights!
7. One of the most unique and fun experiences on the lake is taking a ride in the Seaplane.
8. Parasailing on Lake Coeur d'Alene is another awesome experience to take advantage of!
9. Kyaks and Paddle Boards are also available to rent for hours of fun on the lake!